MMBNT Receives Grant from The Meadows Foundation
Mothers’ Milk Bank of North Texas is thrilled to announce a $50,000 gift to the More Room for More Miracles capital campaign from The Meadows Foundation. This grant will help fund the construction of our new facility, expanding our ability to serve fragile infants in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and beyond.
Support from the community has made MMBNT’s dream of a new facility become a reality. The Meadows Foundation joins many local foundations, organizations and individuals who have faith in our vision to provide safe, pasteurized donor human milk to babies in need.
The Meadows Foundation was established in 1948 by Algur H. Meadows, a Dallas oil tycoon, and his wife, Virginia. The Foundation has awarded more than $775 million in grants to institutions and agencies focused on arts and culture, civic and public affairs, education, health and human services.
The Foundation is prominent in the Dallas philanthropic community not only because of its giving but also because of its establishment of the Wilson Historic District. This innovative neighborhood is home to as many as 39 nonprofit agencies, who are provided with rent-free office space in restored historic buildings and new structures, as well as access to management and technical assistance.
MMBNT is grateful for this gift and for The Meadows Foundation’s belief in our mission. For more information about More Room for More Miracles, click here.